INSTICC is the Institute for Systems and Technologies of Information Control and Communication, a scientific, non-profit, association whose main goals are to serve the international scientific community by promoting, developing and disseminating knowledge in the areas of information systems and technologies, control and communications. To achieve these goals, INSTICC develops a number of activities, including the organization of conferences, the publication of books and journals, research projects in collaboration with Universities and other Institutes, software engineering, consulting, and other relevant activities.
INSTICC was incorporated in 2003 and since then it has been involved in many projects, including:
- The development of its membership base: from 8 members in 2003 it has grown to more than 500 in 2009, from more than 60 countries.
- Sponsorship and organization of many conferences, workshops, tutorials and other scientific events.
- Promotion of mobility of renowned researchers, usually as invited speakers to INSTICC conferences.
- Support of many young researchers or colleagues who are from poor regions of the globe, to attend INSTICC conferences.
- Publication of proceedings and books of selected papers, some of them in cooperation with Kluwer first and then Springer-Verlag.
- Support and collaboration with Universities to do research projects in areas related to INSTICC main interest areas.
- Collaboration with Associations, Companies and R&D Institutions
INSTICC is continuously in the process of developing connections with national and international scientific communities, in the areas of interest of the Association.
The relevance of INSTICC in the scientific community can be expressed by over 500 associates. INSTICC associates spread geographically over more than 60 countries, and normally they are connected to the academic world, working with Universities and Institutes.
INSTICC invited about 100 distinguished speakers, so far, to present keynote lectures at conferences organized by INSTICC.
INSTICC publishes the proceedings of all its conferences with an ISBN, on paper and CD-ROM, and all conferences are indexed by major international indexes. Selected papers are published in Springer-Verlag books. More than 30 INSTICC conference books were published by Springer, so far.
INSTICC is connected with many national and international agents, including Universities all across Europe, America and Asia, related to the development and promotion of science and technology in areas within the scope of the Association.
INSTICC has collaboration agreements with several other national and international associations including:
- IEEE, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers,
- AAAI, American Association for Artificial Intelligence,
- APPIA, Portuguese Association for Artificial Intelligence,
- IEICE, Institute of Electronics, Information and Communication Engineers,
- IFAC, International Federation of Automatic Control.